Summer News & Resources
Summer Alegbra End-of-Course (EOC) Retake Exam
The Summer EOC exam administration is voluntary. Students needing to retake EOC exams will have additional opportunities to test during the Fall and Winter test administration windows. Students scoring at Achievement Level 1 or 2 on the Algebra EOC should consider taking the Summer EOC administration. Earning an Achievement Level of 3 or higher on the Algebra EOC is a graduation requirement beginning with the Class of 2014/15. Additionally, students whose Algebra EOC exam score were invalidated or who missed their scheduled Spring Alegbra EOC exam, may also consider taking the EOC in the summer.
Please note: Only Algebra, U.S. History and Civics EOC exam scores from the Spring 2014 administration have been released by the state. Geometry and Biology EOC exam scores are forthcoming.
Summer Graduation 2014
The 2014 All-County Summer Graduation Ceremony will be held Thursday, August 7, 2014, at Pompano Beach High School Gymnatorium, at 7:00 p.m.
1. If you were unable to participate in your school’s June graduation ceremony, you may be eligible to participate in the August countywide graduation ceremony.
2. Contact your guidance counselor for information regarding the graduation requirements that you must meet in order to participate in the August graduation ceremony. Your counselor can also register you for the class you need to makeup.
3. You must complete an “Intent to Graduate Form” when you register for your course(s). NOTE: Students completing their course(s) online (Virtual School) must contact their guidance director or go to a participating Center to complete the form. This form is not available on line.
4. If you intend to participate in the summer graduation ceremony you must:
- Purchase a Summer Graduation cap and gown from Herff Jones, located at 8230 State Road 84, Davie, Florida (954-693-0006) prior to Thursday, July 17, 2014, at the special School Board rate of $50 (fully refundable if you are unable to participate in graduation). After July 17th caps and gowns may be purchased at a higher price until 3:00 p.m., Thursday, July 31, 2014, and are limited to “on hand” inventory. You cannot use the cap and gown you rented or purchased for the June or any other graduation ceremony.
- Attend graduation rehearsal at Pompano Beach High School Gymnatorium on August 7, 2014 at 8:30 a.m., at the conclusion of which, caps and gowns will be distributed along with a minimum of four (4) guest tickets.
2014 Summer Math Program for Families
Click below for more information:
Congratulations Class of 2014
GRADUATION VIDEO INFORMATION