Summer News & Resources
Dear Parents and Community Members:
As you are aware, the Principal position at Miramar High School is currently vacant.
A Community Input session will be held on Thursday, August 14th at 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium to solicit input regarding the characteristics you feel are most important in your next Principal at Miramar High School. Staff, community, and parent leaders are invited to participate in this process.
Per School Board Policy, in order to serve as a member of the Principal selection panel, one must attend the Community Input session.
Mr. Alan Strauss, Director, Office of School Performance and Accountability will lead the Community Input session on Thursday, August 14th at 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium.
The information obtained from the Community Input session will be utilized in the process to screen and select applicants to help ensure the best leader is chosen with the characteristics that fits the needs of your school. Should you have any questions concerning this initiative, please feel free to call Mr. Alan Strauss at (754) 321-3810.
Summer Graduation 2014
The 2014 All-County Summer Graduation Ceremony will be held Thursday, August 7, 2014, at Pompano Beach High School Gymnatorium, at 7:00 p.m.
1. If you were unable to participate in your school’s June graduation ceremony, you may be eligible to participate in the August countywide graduation ceremony.
2. Contact your guidance counselor for information regarding the graduation requirements that you must meet in order to participate in the August graduation ceremony. Your counselor can also register you for the class you need to makeup.
3. You must complete an “Intent to Graduate Form” when you register for your course(s). NOTE: Students completing their course(s) online (Virtual School) must contact their guidance director or go to a participating Center to complete the form. This form is not available on line.
4. If you intend to participate in the summer graduation ceremony you must:
- Purchase a Summer Graduation cap and gown from Herff Jones, located at 8230 State Road 84, Davie, Florida (954-693-0006) prior to Thursday, July 17, 2014, at the special School Board rate of $50 (fully refundable if you are unable to participate in graduation). After July 17th caps and gowns may be purchased at a higher price until 3:00 p.m., Thursday, July 31, 2014, and are limited to “on hand” inventory. You cannot use the cap and gown you rented or purchased for the June or any other graduation ceremony.
- Attend graduation rehearsal at Pompano Beach High School Gymnatorium on August 7, 2014 at 8:30 a.m., at the conclusion of which, caps and gowns will be distributed along with a minimum of four (4) guest tickets.
2014 Summer Math Program for Families
Click below for more information:
Congratulations Class of 2014
GRADUATION VIDEO INFORMATION